KNET Payment Gateway - Magento 2
Compatible With Magento EditionOpen Source (CE): 2.3, 2.4
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3, 2.4
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3, 2.4
KNET Payment Gateway - Magento 2 is an online payment solution that can be integrated with Magento 2 eCommerce store. The gateway allows store owners from Kuwait and other regions to accept online payments from debit card users (Debit cards in Kuwait).
Knet Payment Gateway accepts all the debit cards issued by the member banks of Kuwait.
Knet payments is a payment gateway mostly used and preferred by people of Kuwait while making online transactions. It was introduced in 2004 to allow accepting secure online payments for the products and services.
- Participating Banks
- Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait (ABK)
- Al Rajhi Bank
- Ahli United Bank
- Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (BBK)
- Boubyan Bank
- Burgan Bank
- Commercial Bank of Kuwait (CBK)
- Doha Bank
- Gulf Bank
- Kuwait Finance House
- KBI (Kuwait)
- Mashreq Bank
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- National Bank of Kuwait (NBK)
- Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Union National Bank
- Warba bank
How to use
In order to use this extension, you must have a KNET merchant account and login credentials for merchant's portal https://www.kpay.com.kw/portal/merchant.htm
How it works
It directs your customers to a secure payment form during the checkout process. Once they’ve paid, they’ll be redirected back to your website.
Workflow: Checkout page -> Redirect to KNET payment gateway -> Return Merchant's website and create the order if transaction is successful.
It doesn't create order if transaction is unsuccessful.
Features of KNET Payment Gateway - Magento 2
- Accepted Debit Cards.
- Accepted Kuwaiti dinar (KWD).
- Only create order if transaction is successful. Pending Orders will not be created, therefore the quantity in stock will not be affected.
- Keep items in the cart after clicking the back button of the browser from the payment gateway website. This helps customers change the quantity or item in their cart.
- Hosted payments for security.
- Capture new sales, capture secured online payments.
- Create invoice automatically.
- Allow setting Payment Language.
- Refund Offline.
- Support many local banks.
- Process transactions in real-time.
- Support multiple stores.
- Unlimited domain and website.
- Test and Live mode Options.
- Secured by KNET.
Why choose our KNET Payment Gateway - Magento 2
When you purchase the extension, you will get Free Support from our team for 12 months. if you face any issues related to the extension, our team will fix it and make sure it works with your website.
The extension included free updates for 12 months.
Our code is 100% open source and unencrypted. Easily add your own customizations.
Unlimited domains and websites that you want to use the extension.
We stand behind the quality of our extensions with a 30 day money back guarantee.
In case you need to see the live demo of KNET Payment Gateway - Magento 2 extension, please feel free to contact us or firstname.lastname@example.org
Test Card Details for KNET Payment Gateway
Card Number : 8888880000000001
Expiry : 09/2025
Pin : Any Pin
Not Captured (Declined)
Card Number : 8888880000000001
Expiry : Any Expiry
Pin : Any Pin
Create folder structure inside the Magento main folder: app/code/PL/Knet/
Extract module files into that folder and execute the following commands:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:clean
Verify whether the module has been successfully installed. Log in to Magento Admin dashboard and go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods. Settings of the KNET Payment Gateway module should be there under the name "KNET Payment Gateway"
Please follow these steps to configure the module:
- Login to Magento Admin dashboard
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods
- Expand OTHER PAYMENT METHODS, then KNET Payment Gateway
- Fill in configuration details as described below
- Click Save Config to store the configuration.
- Follow Magento instructions and clean application cache, to make sure that the new payment method is immediately available in your online store
- Enabled: should be set to YES to make KNET Payment Gateway available as a payment method on the checkout page.
- Title: Name of the payment method displayed on the checkout page, for example: Debit Card (Secured by KNET)
- Portal ID: provided by KNET
- Portal Password: provided by KNET
- Resource Key: provided by KNET
- Debug: Set the option to YES if you want all communication between Magento and the Gateway to be logged into the var/log/pl/knet.log file. It usually uses for the Developer to troubleshoot problems if the Payment Method doesn't work.
- Payment from Applicable Countries: countries from which customers are allowed in your online store
- Payment from Specific Countries: This option is available if Payment from Applicable Countries option is set to the Specific Countries mode. It's possible to choose a few countries for whose the Payment Method will be available. The billing address is used to identify the country on the Checkout Page
Released on April 13, 2023